The experience acquired in the course of interior architecture and in the design of space, the success of its students in the exams, and their integration in the world of creation, has lead to the professional recognition: Efet Interior Architecture is a member of OPQAI (Professional Office of Qualification of Interior Architects) since 1986. The formation gives a student status.
· To prepare the entry in the schools of arts and applied arts: École Boulle, École Nationale des Arts Décoratifs, Ecole Olivier De Serres, École Duperré, École Estienne, les Beaux Arts and UP d'architecture. Length of studies: 1 year.
· To form the specialists of interior architecture as well the creators of models, the conceptualizers and the producers of living frames. Length of studies: 4 years, level equivalent with Bac + 4.
Three Cycles of the Course:
· A first cycle: based on the acquisition of tools of conceptualising and the discovery of volume and space. Length 1 year.
· A second cycle: devoted to the acquisition and experimentation of architecture project and models creation. Length 2 years.
· A third cycle: permitting the student to materialize and sustain a personal project at end of studies (level superior diploma of applied arts.) Length 1 year. An internship in an agency, organized by the school, permits students to take in account the level of professional demand and the role of master works that will play the student at the end of his studies.
It is done from the Bac level and an individual interview in the school that will permit to define the postulant project.
The admission during the cycle is possible with a presentation of a personal folder of works for the students having an artistic formation or a good technique. Studies are also opened to students who would like to get an alternative formation (qualification certificates).
For the past few years, interior architects, designers and creators have seen their work materialized. It's the result of a change in sensibility in our society. This evolution has been taken into account in the pedagogical content of our formations, which are focused on creativity. This pragmatic method of teaching, based on daily active life, is given by professionals, who express their art in architecture, interior architecture, design, infography and visual communication.
A) Preparation for entry into schools of art and applied arts
The subjects, all complementing each other towards the master of a general artistic culture, from the sensibilities and techniques of drawing, volume and plastic expression, to learning the tools of representation and visual communication, to discovery of a conceptual methodology laying on the analysing capacities of the student: Constitution of a personal folder, preparation to competitive entrance examinations.
B) Formation in interior architecture and in space design
General teaching method:
- Technical arts and civilisation.
- Philosophy (direction of a thesis in the third cycle.)
- Right to construction and to urbanism, artistic property.
- Thesis applied to the project in the third cycle.
Artistic teaching method:
- Mastering of colour, volume, space and mood.
- Perspectives, rough.
- Sketching, live models.
- Creation, thematical folder.
Technical teaching method:
- Architectural technology, work, second work, equipments.
- Study of materials and their capabilities.
- Construction project applied to movable design and interior architecture.
- Market analysis, feasibility study, regulations.
- Programming, planning and development of production.
- 2D and 3D infography applied to the program of interior architecture.
The Teaching of Interior Architecture and Space Design:
- Creation of models: movable, urban movable, art of housing.
- Short lived architecture: factual and stand.
- Architecture and patrimony, context of rehabilitation.
- Interior architecture: Analysing, programs, feasibility, descriptive project.
- Concept valorisation: perspective, presentation, video photo.
Finality of Studies and Openings
Certificate of Superior Formation in Interior Architecture.
Viva Voce of a thesis and a personal project before a jury of professionals embodying representatives of OPQAI.
Career in interior architecture, model creation, design of product, movable creation, visual communication, illustration, scaled modelling, CAO, style, scenography, programming and general arrangements. Integration within the fields of architectural studies, style, creation and communication.